MY FAST-Part 1 (POST 4)
My fast began on Monday, September 23. I had made index cards with issues I wanted to pray about during my fast. I would attempt to maintain my normal schedule as much as possible. In the next two posts I want to share some remarks directly out of my journal about what went on physically and spiritually in my life during my 14 day fast.
• Very tired yesterday and had a headache all day.
• I slept in my chair from 2:15 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. I felt better when I got up.
• My stomach was upset at 9:30 p.m. last night.
• I woke up praying this morning at 5:00 a.m.
Proverbs 29:11: A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back.
• God give me the grace to do this! I need to be quiet!
• Somewhat tired and “blah” again but not much of a headache.
• More backaches than before.
• My tongue has turned white.
• Not many hunger pangs.
• I’m tired of juice already.
• I am not the pastor this church NEEDS but I want God to make me the pastor that they NEED not the pastor that they WANT.
• I slept good last night but I woke up with pain in the right knee.
Proverbs 29:20: Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
• Is this me?
• Have I been foolish?
Proverbs 29:23: A man’s pride will bring him low, but the humble in spirit will retain honor.
• I repent of my pride and choose to be lowly.
• It will kill me and my ministry.
• Low energy.
• Hunger pains at bedtime.
• Good prayer time at noon.
• I felt the Lord with me as I taught last night on 1 Kings 18:20-40.
• Bad night last night. I woke up at 2:45 a.m. to go to the bathroom and didn’t go back to sleep till 4:00 a.m.
• My back and the back of my upper legs are hurting.
• I hope this is the end of the initial discomfort.
• God make my the pastor that this church needs.
• Felt bad yesterday.
• Low energy and back pain off and on all days.
• The hunger pains were worse in the evening when I got home from the church.
• My tongue is no longer white.
• I came home at 3:30 and took some Tylenol for the pain and slept about 30 minutes.
• I juiced all the remaining fruit. I will start drinking store bought juice, energy drinks, and sweet tea.
• I slept good last night and woke up at 10:45 p.m. and 5:55 a.m. to go to the bathroom. I never went back to sleep at 5:55 a.m.
• My hands and feet were frigid at 9:30 p.m.!
Day 6; 6:30 p.m.
• Lord you have all of me!
• Make me the pastor WFBC NEEDS not WANTS.
• I thought the hunger pains would be gone by now?
• Bad upset stomach twice today.
• Nagging aches in my right hip area.
• Nothing “major” moving in my life—my main prayer has been, “God, make me the pastor WFBC NEEDS.”
• I need to concentrate when I am home (Friday and Saturday) to pray alone at meal times.
• I feel “hollow” physically, just like a hollow tree—my stomach and body are empty.
• I’m a little angry and agitated this afternoon—want to eat too.